Energon International

ISTANBUL, Dec 4 (Reuters) - Turkey's Anadolu Endustri Holding (AEH) and Britain's Energon International have signed a letter of intent on building a $140 million power station in Georgia, Anadolu's parent company said on Thursday. The accord envisages building an 80 MW hydroelectric power station in the Samtskhe/Javakheti region of Georgia, Yazicilar Holding said in a statement to the Istanbul Stock Exchange. It said the power station will have annual production capacity of about 420 kilowatt hours. Under the agreement, AEH will have a 51 percent stake in the power station leaving Energon International with 49 percent. Shares in Yazicilar were up 6.7 percent at 5.42 lira after the announcement. (Editing by Jon Loades-Carter) (daren.butler@reuters.com; +90 212 350 7057; Reuters Messaging: daren.butler.reuters.com@reuters.net) COPYRIGHT Copyright Thomson Reuters 2008. All rights reserved.
Make your own free website on Tripod.com